Homework is set across the school in order to:
- Promote positive attitudes to work
- Raise achievement of all pupils
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding in literacy and Numeracy and across the curriculum
- Encourage and develop independent learning
- Increase self-discipline
- Develop the home/school partnership
- Prepare children for secondary transfer in Year 6.
All of our homework is set as open ended, half-termly projects for children to complete and return to school to exhibit each half term.
In the Spring term, our Year Six children will have homework set to further support their preparation for KS2 Tests in May.