Hillside Academy is a small, friendly, family orientated community school. We are committed to delivering an excellent creative primary education in a nurturing, safe, inclusive environment, where staff, children and their families can realise their potential.
- Put children at the heart of all we do and say in school; valuing the individuality of each child, acknowledging the worth of all they bring with them and its impact on the life of the whole school.
- Actively promote our values which are defined, such as mutual respect, trust, fair, open, honest, approachable, moral, supportive emotionally and physically.
- Enable children to meet their full potential academically and socially.
- Deliver a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Help our children to develop lively, enquiring minds which allow them to to acquire the skills and knowledge relevant to adult life in a fast and changing world.
- Plan lessons which provide a range of teaching and learning styles, catering for a broad range of intelligence’s.
- Help children develop a sense of respect, by firstly respecting themselves and then respecting and being respected within both the school and the wider community.
- Enable children to communicate clearly and confidently.
- Establish and maintain a caring and nurturing, environment where children feel safe and valued.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle (physically, mentally and spiritually).
- Celebrate our differences, and promoting the benefits of living and growing up in a culture rich in multicultural flavour
- Encourage children to have a voice and an active involvement in the running of the school.
- Develop in all children the ability to control and be responsible for their own actions.